Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Roku stick to a new wifi network without a remote or with a TCL Roku TV remote

How can I setup a used (but new to me, just bought online from someone) Roku Streaming Stick (Model# 3800X) to my home internet without a remote? The stick did not come with a remote. My roommate has a remote to a TCL Roku TV, it's not working when trying to pair the remote to the stick.

I'm not sure what to do or how to fix this frustrating problem..

IS THIS ROKU STICK USELESS WITHOUT A REMOTE? CONSIDERING THE FACT ITS NOT CONNECTED TO A FAMILIAR NETWORK.

PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Connect Roku stick to a new wifi network without a remote or with a TCL Roku TV remote

Yes, you wont be able to use it without a Point Anywhere/WiFi Direct remote.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Either remote will do.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect Roku stick to a new wifi network without a remote or with a TCL Roku TV remote

@TaylorEAngell 

Let me add to what @StreamerUser said. The Roku Voice Remote ($20) and Enhanced Voice Remote ($30) are also sold at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc. You don't have to wait on one being shipped if you want to go ahead and get one.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos