Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Community posting problem

Tried posting just now on the mobile app board. Each time I hit post I got an error message telling me to correct highlighted errors and yet I see nothing highlighted.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Re: Community posting problem

That went through fine but can't get the other to take.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jcgc50 

Sometimes happens.  Especially if copying/pasting links or info from online to the message.  Normally, just press OK again and hit Post again.

It is a good idea to just "select all" and copy your message if you are doing especially long postings or containing a bunch of links.  That way if you run into issue, you can just "paste" into a new message.

Sometimes, have to stay one step ahead of the little quirks and gremlins of the forum board.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Thanks for the reply but I had tried those things prior to posting here. I've gone in and out of the webpage and tried reposting with no success. It was also a relatively short post and there was nothing copied as far as links or anything else just text.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

`~!@#$%^&*()_+-={}[]:";',./<>?\|我们可以写汉字吗

Well, apparently it's not "unusual characters" that trigger it. (Just wild guessing.)

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@jcgc50 

Was the title under 25 characters? If so, add spaces until there are 25 characters.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Roku Guru

Tried yet again. I'm including the screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

Roku Post.png

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@jcgc50 

Highlight the text within the box. CTRL+A or however you prefer. Copy, CTRL+C or however you prefer.

Open a text editor. For Windows, Notepad will work. Or other Mac OS, Chrome OS, GNU/Linux, use any plain text editor.

Paste the content into the text editor. CTRL+V or however you prefer.

Go back to the post and change from Rich Text to HTML. Delete everything that is in that box. Then, change back to Rich Text.

In your text editor (Notepad, etc), highlight the entire contents. Copy. Go to the post and paste.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

jcgc50
Roku Guru

Really appreciate your trying to help. Tried your suggestion and it didn't work. Now the warning says something about post flooding apparently, I've tried too many times.

This is absolutely ridiculous so I've sent the message to Roku support and hopefully they will respond. Most of my tech seems to be experiencing dysfunction and I'm spending most of my time trying to sort it out.

Thanks again,

Jim

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

While I have never seen that on this forum, in most cases you can make post flooding type errors go away by just changing the text of your post.

0 Kudos