Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Checking a used Roku before buying

Jump to solution
  • I'm planning to buy a used Roku 4670 from a seller on Craigs list - the seller wants to meet at a public location, so it's not practical to connect it to a TV to see if the opening screen appears.  QUESTION: does the Roku 4670 have any visible lights that should come on when plugged in - the seller and I could meet at a Starbucks where I could at least plug it in - but would there be any indications that the unit isn't bricked??
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Checking a used Roku before buying

Jump to solution

There's one white LED on the front (I believe in the bottom right corner).  It should come on when you first plug it in and then will probably start flashing after a minute or so since it won't be able to connect to any WiFi.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Checking a used Roku before buying

Jump to solution

There's one white LED on the front (I believe in the bottom right corner).  It should come on when you first plug it in and then will probably start flashing after a minute or so since it won't be able to connect to any WiFi.

View solution in original post