Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Charges for using Roku?

Jump to solution

Hello I am looking to get rid of my Cable TV and need to know if there is a monthly charge for the ROKU?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charges for using Roku?

Jump to solution

@Sande1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku does not charge a monthly service subscription using a Roku device or Roku TV. There is also not a charge for creating a Roku account.

However, you may be charged a monthly subscription for services, channels, or partner content available with Premium Subscriptions.

For more information about charges when using a Roku device, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged a monthly subscription or rental fees?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sande1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku does not charge a monthly service subscription using a Roku device or Roku TV. There is also not a charge for creating a Roku account.

However, you may be charged a monthly subscription for services, channels, or partner content available with Premium Subscriptions.

For more information about charges when using a Roku device, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged a monthly subscription or rental fees?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

To add: Be VERY careful when setting up your Roku account and linking your TV or device. There are many scam sites that rig search engines to point to them, and you end up with a company that charges a ton of money to 'help' you. If you end up with some message saying to call a number, YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED! Do a factory refresh on the device and try again using the info below.

Always start at this link:

https://www.roku.com/

Use it to create your account, and then to link/Activate your Roku to that account.

0 Kudos