Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cforrestjr

Channel sync with other Roku

Jump to solution

I'm setting upa new Roku. I used the same email address to set up the new device. The new device is still asking me to set up all the stemming channels like Netflix and Disney separately. It isn't automatically porting my subscription services to new device. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Channel sync with other Roku

Jump to solution

How did you subscribe to them?  In my experience, anything subscribed/paid through Roku "just works" on a new device, but anything where you subscribed directly with a content provider and then logged into that subscription on your Roku will need to be re-done on the new device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

How did you subscribe to them?  In my experience, anything subscribed/paid through Roku "just works" on a new device, but anything where you subscribed directly with a content provider and then logged into that subscription on your Roku will need to be re-done on the new device.

cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The streaming apps you refer to are, by and large, independent apps built by those companies without integration into the Roku payment system. Thus, they are hit 'n miss in terms of being sync'ed across your several Roku devices. I have 5 Roku devices and have seen some apps that recognize a single login and sync across my devices, but not many. Netflix and Disney are in the latter category.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As others have indicated, not many apps / channels carry the login info across Roku devices using the same account.

It would be REALLY nice if Roku and / or the app / channel developers could make automatic logins a reality.

I suspect not all app / channel owners want this to be a thing, as they might think that it could be an easier way for people to share logins.  However, that's just a guess...