Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Change language from French to English

Jump to solution

My stick came out of the box set to French- yikes, I need to change it to English. How do I do it? I can't seem to find anything on this...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

Re: Change language from French to English

Jump to solution

You'll probably have do factory reset, with it plugged in and powered up press and hold the reset button on the stick. You'll have pair the remote back to the roku during setup.

So when you see the bouncing roku, press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, once the roku stops bouncing, release for second and then press and hold it again until you get confirmation its paired.

Edmund

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

You'll probably have do factory reset, with it plugged in and powered up press and hold the reset button on the stick. You'll have pair the remote back to the roku during setup.

So when you see the bouncing roku, press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, once the roku stops bouncing, release for second and then press and hold it again until you get confirmation its paired.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine came out of box in French as well so looks like an issue Roku needs to fix in USA. Thanks for posting , I’ll try the suggestion given & see if that works!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine will not change the language with the factory reset and pairing. Now what?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't find any pairing key in the battery compartment...Are you talking about the battery compartment in the remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We had the same problem except it was in German.

We stumbled through the set-up and after everything had loaded (we already had an account) using the remote we navigated to Settings on the screen. Right arrow to System, right arrow and then arrow down to (in English - Language) on our screen we saw "Sprache" - what we figured was language in German. In French it may be Langue. Hit O.K. and one of the choices of languages will be English. After you select it it will take some time to load the change. It took about 10 minutes for ours. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos