Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Change Profiles

Jump to solution

I have an Express+.  At one point it let me set up a couple profiles.  Once I selected one the home screen came up.  How do I switch back to a different profile?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Change Profiles

Jump to solution

@jarnhross 

We don't currently offer profiles within Roku accounts, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Did you create four separate Roku accounts? If so, you'd have to factory reset a device and then link it to a new account in order to move the device from one Roku account to another. If you can provide more information about what you're referring to, I'll see how else I can assist here. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@jarnhross 

Thanks for reaching out.

Roku devices themselves haven't ever offered the functionality of switching user profiles, however, some channels offered on the Roku platform do, such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. I'd guess you may have set up user profiles inside a particular channel or service on your device. You should be able to still access multiple user profiles inside that particular channel. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  So just to be clear, I can create a profile on my ROKU device (I have created four) but once I'm in a profile, I can't change to a different profile? Also, I am not talking about Netflix, Hulu, etc. profiles.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@jarnhross 

We don't currently offer profiles within Roku accounts, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Did you create four separate Roku accounts? If so, you'd have to factory reset a device and then link it to a new account in order to move the device from one Roku account to another. If you can provide more information about what you're referring to, I'll see how else I can assist here. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The error was the device between the keyboard and the monitor.  I was the error.  It was Disney+ profiles I was looking at, not Roku.  They say when you make something idiot proof, they build a better idiot!  I am proof!  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos