Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCarter8M
Reel Rookie

Caption pops up on bottom left of screen

Just got a Roku Streambar and every 30 to 45 seconds a caption at the bottom left corner of the screen that says  Dolby digital/usb2.0/full hd 1080p/hdmi keeps popping up and it is extremely annoying…how do I get this to stop?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Caption pops up on bottom left of screen

Sounds like your TV is in Store/Demo Mode instead of Home mode, and/or is using ACR (Automatic Content Recognition).

Does this happen only when using the Streambar (on that HDMI port), or does it happen when using any/all of the TV's inputs?

You didnt mention whether this is a Roku TV or another brand.

Try turning off Store/Demo mode and/or ACR in your TV's settings.

For a Roku TV, ACR is located in: Settings/Privacy/SmartTV Experience - uncheck all boxes.

To switch your Roku TV from Store/Demo mode to Home mode:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory Reset    (choose Home mode when settings it up again)

0 Kudos
JCarter8M
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much my TV was in demo mode…I upgraded from an older model to this Roku streambar and I have an LG TV. This never happened with my other Roku. I honestly don’t know how it would have happened since I do not even have the TV remote to change it into demo mode so it must have been hooking this streambar up and I did use a different hdmi port.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Glad you got it resolved - Its very easy to miss Store versus Home mode when first setting up a TV.

ACR can also popup infoboxes/ads as well, so make sure you disable that as well (LG calls their ACR "Live Plus").

0 Kudos
Robertsmf

Did the reset and pop ups are still there.  Did not see option to set-up in home mode.  Where is that option?

have reset twice. 

0 Kudos