Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cant do setup after factory reset on Roku2XD. What do I do, lights all blink

My Roku 2 XD was lagging; so I did a factory reset; thinking it was one of the apps I installed.  Now after the restart; I get to the setup screen and then cant get either of my remotes to connect.  I can see lights flashing; but no movement on my Roku 2

I tried the reset hole in the back with the same result.

also tried resetting the device and the remotes to be certain.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Cant do setup after factory reset on Roku2XD. What do I do, lights all blink

@cherryz wrote:

My Roku 2 XD was lagging; so I did a factory reset; thinking it was one of the apps I installed.  Now after the restart; I get to the setup screen and then cant get either of my remotes to connect.  I can see lights flashing; but no movement on my Roku 2

I tried the reset hole in the back with the same result.

also tried resetting the device and the remotes to be certain.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you hold that hidden reset button for a full 30 seconds minimum, regardless of what's happening on the TV.

Other than that, the 2 XD is ancient, and might just be ready to be put out to pasture. I have a 2XS, which came out at the same time in 2011, and I haven't used it in years because it's so lacking in performance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos