Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kholme13
Level 7

Cannot get to link code

I've been trying to set up the Roku Premier for the first time. It lets me connect to wifi, confirms that it's connected, and then shows the bouncing Roku logo screen forever. I was able to reset it but then it just goes from the wifi screen to the logo screen and then back to the wifi screen in an infinite loop.

How do you get to the link code?

4 Replies
kholme13
Level 7

Re: Cannot get to link code

As an update, after having it unplugged for hours I was able to get through the link setup. However, now it's stuck indefinitely on the bouncing logo. I've tried unplugging, the reset buttons on the remote, the reset button on the roku, and even holding down the reset button for over thirty seconds. As soon as it's plugged in again or I release the reset button it goes back to the logo.

The website says this product doesn't qualify for actual customer support, but this device seems defective.

0 Kudos
watk0451
Level 7

Did not write my link code down.  Can not fiqure out how to find it now.  Very tired, thinking I need to return this tv, it is either smarter than me or dumb as **bleep**!!!!

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@watk0451 

If you are trying to retrieve the link code for your Roku TV, we would recommend to try performing a factory reset on your Roku TV. Factory resetting your device will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. From there you will be able to link your Roku TV(s) back to your account.

For the steps to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
watk0451
Level 7

Thanks

0 Kudos