Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjmartin

Cannot find out how to add kayo or my tv channels catch up tv apps to roku premiere

Cannot find out how to add kayo or my tv channels catch up tv apps to roku premiere

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot find out how to add kayo or my tv channels catch up tv apps to roku premiere

@Cjmartin

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to add a channel to your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot find out how to add kayo or my tv channels catch up tv apps to roku premiere

I just searched the Channel Store, and there's no such channel for KAYO. Back in the '60s that was a country station in the Seattle area. Looks like it still is.

But doing a web search I see the same name on numerous other entities. No idea if any of them offer a channel on Roku. But since the channel store doesn't seem to show any, it doesn't appear likely. 

The Roku Premiere is not a TV tuner. You can't just add TV channels to it. You can only install apps (channels) that are developed specifically for Roku devices, and they are available in your particular location. Sometimes channels are only offered in specific countries, and you can't install them elsewhere. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.