Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judy12
Reel Rookie

Cannot enter my email for Activation

When I got to this step in the setup process, the screen just froze up. Can't get to the password field to input my password to complete.. Just get a beep sound when pushing the arrow buttons. Help!

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
chilegirl
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot enter my email for Activation

Same here, and I'm getting frustrated.  I have a Roku product for one room that was easy peasy to install.  
I've been trying on and off for hours.  
If many people are having the same problem, perhaps it's not us.
This is for a Roku Premiere.
No key works.  Yes, I tried OK and waited.  For hours, for nothing.

I'm quite frustrated IMG_4569.JPG

Judy12
Reel Rookie

that is EXACTLY my problem. Same Screen.  I have seen other posts with the same problem.  But no solutions.  What are we to do????

Frustrated in Oklahoma

chilegirl
Channel Surfer

Since I bought 2 Roku for different TVs, I boxed up the one that doesn't work & tried the second Roku Premier.  I'm going to return the one that doesn't work this week.

I really wish that Roku personnel would have responded to our questions/problems.  
I am now wary of them since customer service is so very weak.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, I don't recall the details from when I last registered a device, although it wasn't all that long ago.

You may need to activate the email entry field.  See if the cursor down button highlights the field.  Also in many cases for text entry fields, you have to hit the OK button on the remote to pop up the onscreen virtual keyboard.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chilegirl
Channel Surfer

As has been stated, I tried that.  So did others.  The screen freezes at that point and no keyboard shows up.  It is apparently a problem with your devices.
I bought 2 devices, one works and the other doesn't.  I also have a Roku TV and another Roku device.  Haven't had any problems setting them up.
I'm going to return the premier that doesn't work.  
Why not just say that some are not working and to return them to the store?  
Your response leads me to think that you didn't bother reading what we wrote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? Are making sure to press the OK button when on that screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jen7148
Reel Rookie

I have a roku premiere I just bought it today. I get to the activation stage and the tv screen says that it can’t reach me by email. But I got the email. Can follow setup- but it does not connect back to the television. So frustrated I could cry!

chilegirl
Channel Surfer

I provided all of that information, including a screen shot in my post.  Please refer to my post.  Others said they had the same problem at the same place.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We would recommend trying to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish activating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos