Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToMarc

Cannot enter email address on TV screen to activate ROKU Premier

I am unable to enter my email address into the ROKU activation screen portion. I do not have a smart TV; therefore this TV or remote doesn't have the capability to enter any letters to complete this. I am logged in on the ROKU website though. This was purchased for an elderly relative to enjoy. No question that they cannot afford to buy a new TV. Any suggestions for this. Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot enter email address on TV screen to activate ROKU Premier

Anything you did with a TV remote wouldn't effect it anyway.  You enter your email address using the Roku remote.  Use the selection keys to move around the on-screen keyboard.

0 Kudos

Re: Unable to enter email address during initial Set-up of Roku Express

I reset using the paper clip. It returned me to the email screen but still won’t allow me to enter my email address.

0 Kudos

Re: I cannot scroll down to enter me email address on the Activate page

I’ve tried pressing the buttons dozens of times. It doesn’t work.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I cannot scroll down to enter me email address on the Activate page

@Turkeykicker 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried pressing the directional buttons or the OK button on our remote to see if it will prompt you with the keyboard to enter your email address? Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Chris57

no control panel on tv screen to move where to put my e-mail address.

I need to put my e-mail address on the screen so I can get a Roku activation link to start streaming. And my remote won't let me go anywhere other then that page.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: no control panel on tv screen to move where to put my e-mail address.

@Chris57 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried pressing the directional buttons or the OK button to see if the keyboard is prompted for you to enter your email address? 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cjohr93
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  No keyboard is popping up onscreen for me to use the Roku remote to enter my e-mail address.  Only difference is I am trying to activate my Roku ULTRA.  What to do?!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cjohr93

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, have you tried pressing the OK button on your remote? Customers have all reported that pressing the OK brought up the keyboard for them during the activation process.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
WRowe

I am installing at the moment and have, or had, the same problem. After trying everything I could think of I looked for the problem online and came upon this thread. When I went back to my TV the problem had solved itself! Hitting enter took me to a data entry screen and in no time I received an email from Roku and was able to complete setup.

0 Kudos