Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot connect Roku started

Hi Tanner, we have been surfing the online community support trying to figure out how to turn on our Roku for a couple of months. Every time we plug in our wifi information, it says checking, the two things: wireless connection and internet connection get green checks, then it does a software update. After this, every single time, it goes to the bouncing letters for about 5 minutes, then prompts us again for our wifi information. We have went in a circle with this about 8 times this evening. We’d love to be able to use our Roku if we can have some help. It would be greatly appreciated!

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote issue]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Customer service

Its the weekend now so the admins Tanner and Danny come and go sporadically.

There was a major update not long ago so you would need an update.

Have you seen this https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Setup-and-Getting-Started-with-Your-Roku-...

It would help if we knew your Model type.

Good Luck

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Customer service

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If the factory reset doesn't help getting your device running on your TV, trying using a different TV and seeing if you are able to get the device going.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos