Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bivanoff
Level 7

Cannot activate with email link

I receive the link in my email, but when I go to click on the link my email page goes white.  There is nothing on the page and the roku times out. No link no setup. I do not have a spam folder and I receive ALL emails in one folder.  Besides I get the email, just not the link from roku.

is there another way to receive the roku link?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot activate with email link

@bivanoff 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried clicking the link in another browser or using another device to access the email?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Cannot activate with email link

@bivanoff wrote:

I receive the link in my email, but when I go to click on the link my email page goes white.  There is nothing on the page and the roku times out. No link no setup. I do not have a spam folder and I receive ALL emails in one folder.  Besides I get the email, just not the link from roku.

is there another way to receive the roku link?

My units were all linked by the prior method of going to https://roku.com in a web browser.  (They changed to the email method because too many people ended up at scammer sites instead of the real Roku site, and gave their charge info to bad guys.).   So I'm shooting blind here because I've never gone thru the revised method of sending you an email, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you are using an ad blocker with your web browser, try turning this off and re-accessing the link in the email.  If they tell you the link (or code if one is supplied) expires, hopefully they give you a means to start over.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos