Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slangygirl

Cannot Get Out of Guest Mode Because I Canceled the Account

We have two Roku devices on two separate accounts.  Frustrated that I wanted to watch Showtime in the room with our Roku Insignia Smart TV that was not subscribed to Showtime, I tried to delete that device from the account it was associated with and add it to the other Roku account where we subscribed to Showtime.  Well, I made a total mess of it.

I ended up setting up Guest Mode on the Insignia TV with a PIN, figuring I could then log into that account (and our Showtime subscription would be available to watch in that room).

The problem is that when I was online I also deleted the Roku account for the Insignia TV.  So that TV is now in Guest Mode but it seems I can’t get it out of Guest Mode because it has no account to ‘return to’ (for lack of a better way to say it).

I can’t log in online to ‘disable’ guest mode because the account is closed.  And when I try to exit Guest Mode using the tv and remote (and entering the PIN) I am receiving the message, “Oops… There was a problem connecting to the server.  Please try again later”.  I have checked my wifi connection and it is working.

Does anyone know if there is a hard factory reset button on my tv?!  And, if not, how I can get out of this?  I’ve unplugged the tv for a day and that didn’t reset anything.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.  I would like to get this tv back to Factory Settings so I can set it up using our other Roku account that has most of our subscriptions.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot Get Out of Guest Mode Because I Canceled the Account

Search the Internet for "factory reset Insignia TV".  The links I've seen basically say to press and hold the power button, but whether that works on an Insignia Roku TV I didn't see.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot Get Out of Guest Mode Because I Canceled the Account

This may not work but can you create a "new" Roku account using the same email and password as the account you deleted.   The TV may be tricked into thinking this is the account you deleted.

0 Kudos