Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhondams1
Level 7

Can you use a Roku streaming stick on an outdoor patio TV?

We have a smart TV but it’s an older unit that will not upgrade to get new streaming apps and channels.  Was wondering if I could use just one of my Roku streaming sticks with it instead of have to replace the outdoor TV. We live in Texas so hot weather.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you use a Roku streaming stick on an outdoor patio TV?

Does the tv have an available HDMI port?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rhondams1
Level 7

Yes it does. My concern was the heat issue cause not too long ago the streaming stick were overheating and we had to replace them.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

There have been many overheating complaints posted here for a variety of Roku models, so I don't know if one is more prone to heat problems than another.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos