Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDScrambler
Level 7

Can't (physically) connect Roku Premier to my Panasonic TV

I just bought a Roku Premier which comes with an HDMI cable.  I can't find an HDMI port on my ~5 year old (maybe a bit more) Panasonic tv; can't find a model name or number either.

Am I missing something or is my TV not compatible with current generation Roku devices?  If the latter, any fix besides a new TV?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Can't (physically) connect Roku Premier to my Panasonic TV

It would seem unlikely, but certainly not impossible, to have a TV that new without an HDMI port. But if it truly does not have an HDMI port, then no, your Roku is not compatible. The Express+ is the only Roku with analog outputs, but that of course doesn't support HD audio.

I would look over the TV more closely for an HDMI port, or at least the model number so we can verify its capabilities. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos