Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melr
Reel Rookie

Can’t get past the activate Roku player

I’ve gotten to entering my email for it send the activation link.  But I’ve set it up numerous times but the Roku keeps coming back to a pop up that states it’s unable to connect to Roku service.  My internet is fine and restarted it just incase.  It’s not saying not connected so I’m at a loss

7 REPLIES 7
xnr

Re: Can’t get past the activate Roku player

This is happening to me also, have tried at least a dozen times, restarted everything more than once. Can't get anywhere, will probably take the TV back tomorrow and get something else.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@xnr 

Are you seeing any codes on the message screen?  Maybe post a screenshot if you can. (Use the photos icon above this box to attach images).

Additionally, what is the model number of your Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Melr
Reel Rookie

I’m going to try turning off my other Roku then restart everything while leaving my second Roku disconnected to see if that works.  When I was setting it up the other Roku was updating not the one I was trying.  I’ll let you know if that makes it work

Melr
Reel Rookie

It’s a Roku Express and the message states either it’s not able to reach me through my email or talks of the Roku service is unavailable to try again later, error 001

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Melr 

Normally, the 001 error indicates a problem with the Roku server in your region.  If you can't use hotspot, try using another Roku server to activate your device.  Factory reset your device one more time (Press and hold reset button for 30+seconds).  Then sign in to your online account dashboard at  https://support.roku.com/ .  Look at the very bottom of page in right hand corner and change the region. (select United States).  Then proceed to activate device.  (Note: you may have to clear your browser settings first.)

This method was a known workaround at one time, so worth a shot.  Could also be that your regular Roku server is now working, so can always try activating that way again.  Post back with updates.  If still unavailable to activate, probably need to contact Roku with your device serial number at  https://support.roku.com/contactus .

--Click images to enlarge---

meir1a.pngmeir1b.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Did you ever figure it out? 

0 Kudos
Melr
Reel Rookie

Appreciate it I’ll give this a try.  

0 Kudos