Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1turtle32
Level 7

Can't get past activation code

Just got a roku express plus. I to enter the activation code and go though the whole setup, as soon as i complete it my roku refreshes n gives me a new code. Gone through a couple codes now and my roku still won't do anything else. Need help asap

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Mark_N74
Level 7

Link does not work

Hi i have a new Roku Express. I have set up an account, put in payment details and added a PIN. I have then gone to the website and entered the link code. The player then has ROKU name bouncing up and down a few times , then it goes back to the page offering me a new code to put in? I have tried this several times but still cannot get it to go past the activation, even though i have chosen channels to add etc.  Can anyone suggest what i can do or what i have done wrong? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Link does not work

@Mark_N74 @1turtle32 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mark_N74
Level 7

HI Danny, tried all this and now it wont even connect to the wireless.

I have also tried connecting to a phone hotspot.

It recognises both the wireless and hotspot but once i put in the password it goes in a loop and goes back to the setup page (the one before the wireless setup)

Quite frustrating as this was an xmas present and really looking forward to using it.

Any ideas what else we can do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mark_N74 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kay_kay9879
Level 7

Link Code

I made an account and on the screen it says my tv will display a link code.. I’ve restarted the roku and factory reset it and the link code will still not come up. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
J81
Level 7

I am having this same problem.  Could you help me as well, Danny?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Link Code

@kay_kay9879 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.

Please keep me posted if you are able to generate a link code.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@J81 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have your tried performing a factory reset on your device? This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos