Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBGolfer
Level 7

Can't create a new Roku account

I have a friend that just bought the Roku Express. He asked me to help him since he was have trouble. He doesn't have smart phone so instead of going through the routerlogin way, I got the Nighthawk app for my iphone and was able to get it all set up. When trying to set up a Roku account, all the information was entered but it keeps kicking back to the same blank account setup form and not accepting the information. It doesn't tell what went wrong either. We tried another browser but it didn't work. Help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't create a new Roku account

Hi @RBGolfer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?
We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information about how to create an account: Do I need to create a Roku account?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos