Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimeemmm
Reel Rookie

Re: Activate your tv offers page

Holy **bleep**!! Look at all of us unable to set up our Roku! This totally blows. I can’t set mine up either. Their fix it suggestions are BS. They should offer a text option. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Aimeemmm 

Truth be told, it is kinda hard to help people who don't state the problem.

This thread is "Activate your TV offers page," and you're talking about setup, which generally would be way different things, unless some details showed how the issue you're having might be related. As this is your first post on this board, you've not given us anything to work with.

Describe the issue, and we'll see what we can do to help. Keep in mind, we're not there with you. We can't see what's happening.

And while Roku setup is generally smooth, there must be something unexpected happening in your situation. So, tell us about your Roku device, the steps you're taking, and where things go off the rails.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

I know! I felt exactly the same way. What terrible communication. Smh. Did you figure it out? If you're using your phone to set up, use "desktop" mode. That will fix the problem. Good luck. Sorry you went thru the same BS that I did. I share your sentiment.

0 Kudos
Cispool

Re: Can't complete activation setup

My software won’t update and I’m stuck here. It hasn’t ask me or sent a link to my email either. I’m connected to a wireless network with a strong signal. Please advise.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

If you're using your smart phone, try desktop mode. It solved my issue. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Mich4

Did they ever help you? 

0 Kudos
Aimeemmm
Reel Rookie

Corporate never lifted a finger. It's like we don't exist except to spend the money in the first place. My link eventually, finally, came in when I had a whole three minutes to get-er-done. Very disappointing. 

0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

I got ahold of them on Twitter. But by then I had finally got thru the installation by switching my phone to desktop mode.

apr30il

I can't activation setup complete as well.  I have gotten to a screen which askes me to enter my e-mail address to get a ROKU activation link.  However, I can't enter my e-mail address in the space provided.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

If you're using your smart phone switch to desktop mode. That fixed my problem. Good luck!