Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU activation not working beyond promotion descriptions

@marcas30 

The selection of apps to install (those are the promotions, right?) is something you see in your Web browser, if memory serves. You don't need to select any of them. You can scroll down and skip past that browser page.

I also seem to recall that content being in an IFRAME on the Web page. That would mean there's the outer scroll bar for the overall page, and the inner scroll bar for the selection section. Kinda like the scrollbars on on this text box that I'm using (and that you used) to enter comments.

Make sure you are scrolling the inner frame so you can get to the bottom of that section of the page. Once you get past all that, things should work.

If it won't scroll, then something is stopping the frame content from receiving focus. You may need to log out of your Roku and clear all Roku cookies and local storage data, then log in to Roku, reset the device, and start over. Or a different browser might be in order. Chrome (Edge is based on Chromium as well) should work fine. Firefox also. And Safari (if you're on a Mac). If Linux, try Firefox or Chromium.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Stephanie8

Re: Can't complete activation setup

Same here. Any luck with any answers? I just got my device today and have had no luck

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Stephanie8 wrote:

Same here. Any luck with any answers? I just got my device today and have had no luck

On the offers Web page, there should be a way to scroll down all the way to the bottom. There should be an inner scrollbar as well as an outer one for the full page. The inner one contains the frame that has the section of the offers/apps. Make sure that part of the page has focus and you can scroll all the way down.

And remember, you do not have to accept any of the offers. They'll just add more apps to your home screen. Unless you want the offer of course.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Stephanie8

You. Saved. My. Whole. Life.

Words can't begin to describe how much you helped. TY TY TY 😃

0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

Re: Activate your tv offers page

Me too. And when I try to find out how to reach customer service I find myself here. In the community of other people suffering the same problem. What the actual **bleep** is going on?

Caroline909
Channel Surfer

This is pissing me off. Why is it so impossible to reach customer service wtf

DBDukes

@Caroline909 wrote:

This is pissing me off. Why is it so impossible to reach customer service wtf

When you followed the suggestions I listed two posts above yours, what happened? If you give us details, we'll try to help.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Activate your tv offers page

Hi @Caroline909

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to move passed the "Free Trial" screen.

@AM8zin

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device and seeing if you are able to activate your Roku device?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caroline909
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU activation not working beyond promotion descriptions

If you are using your smart phone to activate, try using Desktop mode. It worked for me. You'll finally see a "continue" button at the bottom of the offers page when you scroll all the way down. Good luck! 

0 Kudos