Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL9
Level 7

Can't Use Vizio Soundbar with Roku Express

I have a Roku Express plugged via HDMI into a Vankyo Projector, and I'd like to hookup a Vizio 5.1 soundbar system via bluetooth. But I can't find how to make that happen.

Is it accurate that you can only use Roku soundbars with the Roku Express? If so, than the Roku will have to be returned.

Or is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Can't Use Vizio Soundbar with Roku Express

You don't connect soundbars by bluetooth to any type of roku, you use hdmi arc or combination of regular hdmi along with optical.  That's for roku tv's and non- roku tv's, in the case of roku express you don't connect to it directly at all.  Express doesn't have bluetooth, and what roku that do are bluetooth receivers only, they aren't transmitters.

Edmund
0 Kudos
JL9
Level 7

Okay, thanks. That's too bad.

Back it goes!

0 Kudos
Poterico2
Level 10

I know this is a closed issue, but I have been told that you need to get at least a Streaming Stick Plus for a projector because they only work with an RF signal for the remote. Another reason the Express wouldn't work.

0 Kudos