Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dand54
Reel Rookie

Can't Get the Voice Remote to Pair

I just purchased a Roku Express 4K+.  I'm trying to set it up.  I can't get the remote to pair with the device.  I have a ROKU screen saver on my screen.  The remote will not finish pairing and I can't get to the pick your language screen.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Get the Voice Remote to Pair

If what you're seeing on the screen consists of the R O K U letters bouncing around:

This is not a screensaver, it is the display Roku devices show while starting up.  While in this state it cannot respond to anything from the remote.  If it can't get past this stage, try performing a Factory reset to start the setup procedure over again from the beginning.  Since you don't have control via remote yet to start the factory reset via the menu system, find the reset button on the Roku device (on some models it's beneath a small pinhole) and with the power connected press and hold the button for a minimum of 30 seconds, no matter what you see on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dand54
Reel Rookie

Hi Makalguy,

I just tried pressing the reset button.  I held it for 45 seconds.  I also unplugged the unit for 45 sec and took the batteries out of the remote. Then I plugged the unit back in and put batteries back in the remote.   It still will not pair.  The light on the unit appears like it is in pairing mode.  I think the remote is bad.  I have 5 Amazon Fire Sticks and they all set up seamlessly.  There isn't even anyone at ROKU to call or chat with.  Roku is not impressing me.  Do you have any other ideas?

Dand54

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @dand54

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Could you reply here with a photo of your TV screen or the issue occurring? Please also provide us with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos