Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

@Abeman

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried retrieving a new email as my previous post stated and seeing if you are still experiencing the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jutg21

Jump to solution

I’m still having this issue after restarting the device and resending the link. Will this be resolved?

Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted this as a fix that worked for me:

Solved.  When I got my latest email from Roku with the activation link, rather than click on the link I copied it and pasted it into a different web browser and it worked like it should.  I'm a Chrome user, but I pasted it into Safari and that's what worked for me.

Abeman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did. I requested a new email with link for activation. I did this after seeing the post from Roku employee. I have tried the methods other people have posted as well. Still get the down for maintenance.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am still having this issue. Tried multiple times yesterday and today

0 Kudos
Sassy71

Jump to solution

Today is 3.18.2021 and I just purchased a device from Target. I am at the activation step and it sent me an email. I clicked the link in my email and it says, temporarily under maintenance should be back shortly. 

I have restarted my device and have gotten two different emails, bit both are saying the same. I have been trying for almost 2 hours. 

How much more longer?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here but I just hit * for more options and chose factory reset. Went through set-up again and it worked!

0 Kudos
tc2954

Jump to solution

I have tried several times. 

0 Kudos
Scaldwell

Jump to solution

I have been trying to activate my tv for to weeks and system keeps saying it down for maintenance 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For those still having problems, you should also try clearing the cache of your internet browser.  It may simply be loading the cached page you visited prior when received error.  When going to the page and receiving error, either Refresh page (normally F5), or go to your browser's Settings, and look for an option that allows you to clear your History or Browsing Data.  Depends on which browser you are using, but normally under Privacy or the like.  [Can select all options but either uncheck Passwords, or exclude Passwords so you don't lose any stored passwords stored by your browser].  At minimum, you want to clear History, Cookies, and Cached Images and Files.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102