Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My74ghia
Level 7

Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if the issue is resolved. Please be aware that you may need to request another email activation link in the activation process again.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please feel free to let us know with the exact steps you are using to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with being unable to activate your Roku device due to the site being down, we would recommend clearing the cookies of your web browser and trying again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
57 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution

@My74ghia, you're supposed to click on that link, not post it here.  It's expired and you'll have to try again.  Restart/reboot your Roku.

0 Kudos
CKindred
Level 7

Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACTIVATE MY ROKU BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE!!!! 

Gasdaddy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here.  4 days now.

0 Kudos
Jmhendo
Level 7

Activation link doesn’t work

Jump to solution

I keep getting a message that the activation link is temporarily down for maintenance 

NickCa
Level 7

Re: Activation link doesn’t work

Jump to solution

It has been like this all weekend. You can’t talk to anyone at Roku. I’m giving them til Wednesday to resolve, then I’m going to return the two devices to Amazon. 

NickCa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you figure anything out to get activate? Are we being scammed?

Trike
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here since at least Sunday 3/14/21.

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Jmhendo,

Thanks for the post.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
JTLTV
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here . Since 1:30 p.m. Sunday. My other Roku is working perfectly activated last week. I've been waiting until it says resend and trying again. Today I reset to factory, went thru the steps. still no go. Email still says down for temporary maintenance as of 3:00 p.m. today.

0 Kudos