Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My74ghia
Reel Rookie

Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if the issue is resolved. Please be aware that you may need to request another email activation link in the activation process again.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please feel free to let us know with the exact steps you are using to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted this as a fix that worked for me:

Solved.  When I got my latest email from Roku with the activation link, rather than click on the link I copied it and pasted it into a different web browser and it worked like it should.  I'm a Chrome user, but I pasted it into Safari and that's what worked for me.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For those still having problems, you should also try clearing the cache of your internet browser.  It may simply be loading the cached page you visited prior when received error.  When going to the page and receiving error, either Refresh page (normally F5), or go to your browser's Settings, and look for an option that allows you to clear your History or Browsing Data.  Depends on which browser you are using, but normally under Privacy or the like.  [Can select all options but either uncheck Passwords, or exclude Passwords so you don't lose any stored passwords stored by your browser].  At minimum, you want to clear History, Cookies, and Cached Images and Files.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

90 REPLIES 90
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution

@My74ghia, you're supposed to click on that link, not post it here.  It's expired and you'll have to try again.  Restart/reboot your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CKindred

Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ACTIVATE MY ROKU BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE!!!! 

Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  4 days now.

0 Kudos
Jmhendo

Activation link doesn’t work

Jump to solution

I keep getting a message that the activation link is temporarily down for maintenance 

NickCa
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation link doesn’t work

Jump to solution

It has been like this all weekend. You can’t talk to anyone at Roku. I’m giving them til Wednesday to resolve, then I’m going to return the two devices to Amazon. 

NickCa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you figure anything out to get activate? Are we being scammed?

Trike

Jump to solution

Same here since at least Sunday 3/14/21.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jmhendo,

Thanks for the post.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,

Mary

JTLTV

Jump to solution

Same here . Since 1:30 p.m. Sunday. My other Roku is working perfectly activated last week. I've been waiting until it says resend and trying again. Today I reset to factory, went thru the steps. still no go. Email still says down for temporary maintenance as of 3:00 p.m. today.