Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B-H-R
Reel Rookie

Can Roku be used on multiple tv sets is different rooms by purchasing additional player for 2nd tv?

Jump to solution

We have a tv in the family room, and another tv in my granddaughters bedroom. It is possible to run a Roku player on both tv's if we purchase and additional player?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Can Roku be used on multiple tv sets is different rooms by purchasing additional player for 2nd

Jump to solution

Yes, and you can have up to 10 devices on same Roku account to share subscriptions.  RokuTV is a "device" for account purposes.  Or maybe setup different account for some TVs and PIN lock the channel add function (limited parental control).

Sound across multiple devices unlikely to be synchronised, can be annoying if two devices in earshot playing same (live) stream.

Wireless remotes (sticks/voice remotes) can only be paired to one device at a time.  App can pair to multiple.

IR remotes will control any device that can "see" the remote (line of sight or reflected off walls/ceilings).  Which can be a bit annoying if TVs are close together. Only sticks are immune from this (all other devices support both IR and wireless)

A very few channels limit simultaneous streams per subscription or limit linked devices. NowTV in the UK has a device limit on standard subscription, I think I have seen HBOMax limits simultaneous streams in US (do your own research across your favourite subscriptions)

Not a Roku employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Can Roku be used on multiple tv sets is different rooms by purchasing additional player for 2nd

Jump to solution

Yes, and you can have up to 10 devices on same Roku account to share subscriptions.  RokuTV is a "device" for account purposes.  Or maybe setup different account for some TVs and PIN lock the channel add function (limited parental control).

Sound across multiple devices unlikely to be synchronised, can be annoying if two devices in earshot playing same (live) stream.

Wireless remotes (sticks/voice remotes) can only be paired to one device at a time.  App can pair to multiple.

IR remotes will control any device that can "see" the remote (line of sight or reflected off walls/ceilings).  Which can be a bit annoying if TVs are close together. Only sticks are immune from this (all other devices support both IR and wireless)

A very few channels limit simultaneous streams per subscription or limit linked devices. NowTV in the UK has a device limit on standard subscription, I think I have seen HBOMax limits simultaneous streams in US (do your own research across your favourite subscriptions)

Not a Roku employee
B-H-R
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I ordered my second player this morning.

0 Kudos
Johnhy

Jump to solution

When adding another tv and new Roku device setup message says “Account already exists.”

Do I have to create another email to add tvs?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can put multiple Rokus on the same account/email (and it’s generally recommended unless you want your rokus to act differently – ie: have different channels available.)  Where are you getting that message?  It sounds more like a simple statement of fact than an indication that something is wrong.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos