Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coni1
Level 7

Can I use the same roku device on 2 different TVs with 2 different accounts?

Jump to solution

I´m new to this technology, thanks for the comments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I use the same roku device on 2 different TVs with 2 different accounts?

Jump to solution

@Coni1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You would not be able to use the same Roku device on different TVs with different accounts without having to perform a factory reset each time you switched accounts. Performing a factory reset on the device resets all settings, and returns your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. This will allow you to link your device to another account. 

It would probably easier (and convenient) to get a device for each TV that are linked to separate Roku accounts.

For more information about performing a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I use the same roku device on 2 different TVs with 2 different accounts?

Jump to solution

@Coni1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You would not be able to use the same Roku device on different TVs with different accounts without having to perform a factory reset each time you switched accounts. Performing a factory reset on the device resets all settings, and returns your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. This will allow you to link your device to another account. 

It would probably easier (and convenient) to get a device for each TV that are linked to separate Roku accounts.

For more information about performing a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WannaBeGeek
Level 7

I have Amazon Prime. One membership. 2 Rokus, 2 TVs.

Jump to solution

If I have 2 Roku's, and 2 TVs, and have 1 Roku account, and 1 Amazon Prime acct.  How do I go about doing a separate account under my name, so that I can use everything independent of each other?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have Amazon Prime. One membership. 2 Rokus, 2 TVs.

Jump to solution

If you want your Rokus to be linked to different Roku accounts you will need to create another Roku account using a different email address.  You then have to factory reset one of your Rokus to link it to the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos