Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a Roku streaming stick in a business?

Jump to solution

I see this line in the terms of service:

The Roku Service and the Entertainment viewed through the Roku Service are solely for your personal and non-commercial enjoyment.

Does this mean I can't use the Roku streaming stick in a business setting? We would ideally like to use this in our break room.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can I use a Roku streaming stick in a business?

Jump to solution

Hi @Barb47,

Thanks for the inquiry.

When using a Roku device to a public setup like a church rectory, no need to provide additional information. If you wish to share your Roku streaming device with others or put it in a public setting, you can create a PIN to prevent them from making purchases or accessing restricted content on The Roku Channel. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku® account? | Official Roku Support 

Another option is you can share your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ without having to share your account credentials. When you set up a feature called Guest Mode.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Kind regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It just means that youre not supposed to charge people for viewing it.

Go for it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I wanted to get ROKU for a church rectory, but I think it's considered a business.   Is this possible?  Would the user need any additional information other than his email information?  Would he need to know any of the business wifi passwords?

TIA

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Barb47,

Thanks for the inquiry.

When using a Roku device to a public setup like a church rectory, no need to provide additional information. If you wish to share your Roku streaming device with others or put it in a public setting, you can create a PIN to prevent them from making purchases or accessing restricted content on The Roku Channel. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku® account? | Official Roku Support 

Another option is you can share your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ without having to share your account credentials. When you set up a feature called Guest Mode.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jacey33

Jump to solution

I want to get a Roku streaming stick business 

0 Kudos