Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidhp
Binge Watcher

Can I use a HDMI splitter to connect a monitor and roku device to my computer?

Jump to solution

I have an all-in-one computer with one HDMI in port and one HDMI out port. I use my computer for watching TV and streaming.  I have an external BluRay burner and TV tuner connected to my roof antenna connected to the computer.  I currently have a second monitor connected to the HDMI in port. I can watch most of my streaming on my computer, but the Roku device would add some I like and can't get without a Roku.  I want to add a Roku device to this set up.  Can I use a HDMI splitter to connect both the second monitor and Roku device to my all in one computer's HDMI in port?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use a HDMI splitter to connect a monitor and roku device to my computer?

Jump to solution

It's not a splitter you want (which would take one input and create multiple outputs) it's a HDMI switch you want (which takes multiple inputs and has one output).  Of course you can only watch either the Roku or the or the second monitor at a time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use a HDMI splitter to connect a monitor and roku device to my computer?

Jump to solution

It's not a splitter you want (which would take one input and create multiple outputs) it's a HDMI switch you want (which takes multiple inputs and has one output).  Of course you can only watch either the Roku or the or the second monitor at a time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Davidhp
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks I will do that.