Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can I use ROKU on a Samsung UN55JU6500F

Jump to solution

Can I use ROKU on a Samsung UN55JU6500F?

The Samsung UN55JU6500F is an older model, purchased around 2017. The specs say it's a 4K UHD device. I don't know exactly what ROKU device I want to purchase. I just want to "cut the Cable TV cord" (pun intended). 

TIA for your help and suggestions.
SweetTasha.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I use ROKU on a Samsung UN55JU6500F

Jump to solution

@SweetTasha 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your Samsung TV has an HDMI input, then you will be able to use Roku with your TV.

For more information about hooking up Roku devices to your TV, visit our Support page here: Do I need a special TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SweetTasha 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your Samsung TV has an HDMI input, then you will be able to use Roku with your TV.

For more information about hooking up Roku devices to your TV, visit our Support page here: Do I need a special TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, my TV does have an HDMI cable.

Can you help me decide which ROKU product to get?

I'm currently using a Mohu indoor, wall-attached antenna. With ROKU, I mainly want to view: News programs {CNN FOX MSNBC}; reruns of vintage series like {BlueBloods, Law and Order, etc}; occasional sports programs{BigTenNetwork}. I'd like to continue to get the local channels that I'm getting with the Mohu. I don't pay a recurring payment on the Mohu, so I suppose I can simply keep using it for local channels if necessary, but it would more convenient to get those channels through ROKU. Very infrequently I'd want to get a sports program that isn't carried by BigTenNetwork. Can I get a specific game offered by say, ESPN, through ROKU? Of course, I'd expect extra over-and-above any amount I would otherwise be paying for ROKU.

TIA for your additional suggestions.
SweetTasha.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SweetTasha 

Thanks for the follow up.

For a side by side comparison of the Roku models we have to offer, we would recommend using our Compare feature on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

The descriptioin for Roku Express says "Stream free TV, live news, sports, music, movies, and more." Does "Free TV" mean programs that I current get using my indoor antenna (Mohu)? If so, then how would I watch a sport program for a station that isn't receivable with tne Mohu?

Thanks. 
SweetTasha

0 Kudos