Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can I set up 2nd tv using one Roku Premiere?

Roku Premiere works great in Tv room on 1st floor via my WiFi network. Am I able to set up tv on 2nd floor using same Roku without having to move Roku device around? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Can I set up 2nd tv using one Roku Premiere?

The only way to use your Roku for two tvs would be to connect it to an HDMI splitter with two outputs and run HDMI cables to both sets. The Roku can only output a single channel, so both sets would receive the same signal. You should use a splitter with its own power supply that does the HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) negotiation with the Roku. But even so, such splitters are often troublesome, especially if your tvs have different resolutions.

It is probably easier (and maybe cheaper) just to purchase another Roku for the second set.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos