Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM10E
Reel Rookie

Can I have multiple devices linked to the same Roku account?

Jump to solution

My Roku Premier device overheating message is continuing despite all suggested remedial actions. I am going to replace my Roku Premier with a Roku Express + as soon as it is delivered. Is it necessary to unlink my Roku Premier before activating the Roku Express+? Are any other steps required when when replacing one Roku with another?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I have multiple devices linked to the same Roku account?

Jump to solution

If the Premiere is the only Roku device linked to your account I wouldn't unlink it until you activate the new Express.  I'm not sure what happens if you have a Roku account with no linked devices.  It probably doesn't create a problem, but just to be safe if you're going to unlink the old device wait until you link the new device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You don't need to unlink the older one. (Unless you want to sell it, donate it, etc. in that case I would unlink and factory reset it just to be extra sure no one ends up with any of my information.) It doesn't matter whether you unlink it now or later since your Roku account can have multiple devices on it.

For any channels that have been logged in, or linked to external accounts, you will need to redo that link or login process.  You may need/want to rearrange the home page to your liking.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the Premiere is the only Roku device linked to your account I wouldn't unlink it until you activate the new Express.  I'm not sure what happens if you have a Roku account with no linked devices.  It probably doesn't create a problem, but just to be safe if you're going to unlink the old device wait until you link the new device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos