Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonya1104
Level 7

Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

Can I please get some help 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

@Tonya1104 

Thanks for note.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you need assistance setting up your Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player or Streaming Stick® (any model)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

You do not have to pay a thing, its a scam artist trying to steal your money!!

You plug it in, pair the remote if its a stick, set language, enter your internet network and password. If you have a link code, enter www.roku.com/link into your computer or cellphone browser, on the address line at the top of screen. NEVER a search engine like google or bing. You might have to wait for link code to be sent to your. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Tonya1104 

Thanks for note.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you need assistance setting up your Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player or Streaming Stick® (any model)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Suecook78
Level 7

Jump to solution

If it says the roku is no charge why are you taking 40.95 off my credit card 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Suecook78 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What is the exact charge for on your credit card? We would first recommend taking a look at your active subscriptions through Roku Pay by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage Your Subscriptions. If the charges do not match your active subscriptions, then most likely those charges are not from Roku.

If you would like to inquire further about account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos