Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

Can I please get some help 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

@Tonya1104 

Thanks for note.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you need assistance setting up your Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player or Streaming Stick® (any model)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 18

Re: Can I get some help setting up my roku? Why do I have to pay to set up ruku?

Jump to solution

You do not have to pay a thing, its a scam artist trying to steal your money!!

You plug it in, pair the remote if its a stick, set language, enter your internet network and password. If you have a link code, enter www.roku.com/link into your computer or cellphone browser, on the address line at the top of screen. NEVER a search engine like google or bing. You might have to wait for link code to be sent to your. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Tonya1104 

Thanks for note.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

If you need assistance setting up your Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player or Streaming Stick® (any model)?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos