Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can I create an additional ROKU account using my same email address for a different location?

Can I create a new account using my same email address? I am the owner of a vacation home that I rent. I have purchased a ROKU. ROKU setup doesn't seem to allow me to set up an additional account using my email address that is attached to my home account. I don't want renters to have access to my personal account. I have spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out. Can someone help?

Dana

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Can I create an additional ROKU account using my same email address for a different location?

You will need to use a separate email account.  

Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Can I create an additional ROKU account using my same email address for a different location?

As @twiceover mentions, you need a separate Roku account. You can only create a single account per email address, as the email address is used as your account name. 

There's also a guest mode that you can enable that allows someone to enter their own credentials for things like Netflix, or you could set it up with the credentials you desire. you can look at this page for more details about guest mode. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos