Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arbek

Cable Tv - One channel only

Hello!  I hope someone can help with what seems like weird problem.  I have a cable TV box connected to my Roku TV.  There is a icon called Cable TV.  When I select that option, I get a good, clear picture of Fox News - yep, that's it.  No other cable channels, just that one.  The remote does not scroll through any other channels.  ONE cable channel.  Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  TIA.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cable Tv - One channel only

@Arbek wrote:

Hello!  I hope someone can help with what seems like weird problem.  I have a cable TV box connected to my Roku TV.  There is a icon called Cable TV.  When I select that option, I get a good, clear picture of Fox News - yep, that's it.  No other cable channels, just that one.  The remote does not scroll through any other channels.  ONE cable channel.  Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  TIA.

You have a cable box? Does it output to channel 3 or 4? And is your Roku TV tuned to that channel?

I suspect if you use the remote on your cable TV box, you'll be able to scroll through the channels.

By the way, you're using the old fashioned way to connect a cable box. If it has an HDMI port, you will get better quality picture connecting that way. You'd use one of the HDMI inputs on the Roku TV. There's a way to make it show on the menu.

Either way, you'd use the remote to the cable box, since the cable box is actually the tuner you're using, not the tuner on the Roku TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos