Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't activate Roku device - site is 'on maintenance' for four days

Jump to solution

Yes, the Roku linking was down some time ago for a few days, but has been back up since then.  If you tried to link while it was down and are still getting a notice that is is down, your browser may be showing you a cached (i.e. stored on your computer) copy of that notice rather than downloading the current page. 

Most browsers will only keep a cached entry for a few days, and then will download a fresh copy the next time you try to go to the page.  Before that happens, you may be able to get the current page merely by reloading the page.  Or you may need to explicitly clear your browser's cache. 

You can also try using a different web browser, as each will have its own cache with just the pages you've accessed on THAT browser.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mocav

Jump to solution

I'm having issues with connecting a new TV to roku. When I receive the email with the activation link, it says system down for maintainance. Three days now...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mocav

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache and reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just got my Roku's and I can't activate any of them and it's been saying this since yesterday ... How long is this going to go on  didn'thave this much problem with my first one .

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CMichelleH84,

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?
I've provided a link below to go into further detail on how to resolve player activation issue: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
md11mech

Jump to solution

Hello, I am having the same issue with a Roku TV I purchased a few days back. I have tryed it multiple times. I receive the email with the link everytime.....but when I click the link, I get the "down for maintenance" message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @md11mech,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Have you tried the solution that was previously posted? 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos