Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajsvissam

Can't activate Roku device - site is 'on maintenance' for four days

Jump to solution

I've been trying to RE activate de ROKU which was on my living room now on my roman the website says since 4 days ago today, thats on maintenance so i cannot activate. anyone like me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't activate Roku device - site is 'on maintenance' for four days

Jump to solution

Hi @Crystalz0619,

Thanks for getting in contact about the player activation issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm just another customer but the roku website appears normal to me, and I don't recall other complaints like this over the last few days.  Perhaps you could post a screenshot or tell us more about exactly where the problem occurs?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ajsvissam 

First, are you sure you're on the correct Website? A typo in a URL will get unexpected results. Just double check.

Next, ensure the Website isn't being cached. If you're using a Windows computer, CTRL-F5 will force a hard refresh, clearing the cache. A standard F5 or Refresh button won't necessarily do that. CTRL-F5 may help.

Finally, if things are still out of sorts, copy and paste the URL from your Web browser here just to ensure you aren't on a redirected page, and are actually on the page you intended. Some browser histories will keep a redirected page with the original page title, causing some confusion about what page you're actually going to. So, post the URL from your browser, not the URL from instructions (although both is fine).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
greggula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same with me, but that message finally disappeared, However i still could never complete activation

because  "Unable to connect to Roku Service Error 001"

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @greggula,

Thanks for the post.

That error code usually indicates that your device is unable to update properly.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
greggula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

Thank you for you very brief handoff to a place I have already been. A place I said has no answer.

Could you elaborate? Or shall I just re-read? If you expert enough to answer, please help me, please.

I could get a dozen badges, just referring somebody to nothing, cant you help?

0 Kudos
arielmeag

Jump to solution

I am also having that issue. I get the email with the activation link but once I click it, it says temporary down under maintenance

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @arielmeag,

Thanks for the post.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Catlover

Jump to solution

Same here. Been trying for three days with a new, out of the box, roku express. The problem doesn’t seem to be the player buy the activation page.

0 Kudos
joetosto
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You need to use a windows computer. I had the same issue last week - all of my non windows devices displayed the error, even when I tried different browsers. I tried simultaneously from a Windows computer and it worked.