Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shulk14

Re: Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I just received my Roku Streaming Stick+. I followed the setup instructions and was able to connect to my network and download the update. The screen went blank and I waited for a while and nothing happened. I've tried different power sources, my mac usb, tv usb and the wall using the provided usb adapter. I've pressed the reset button for 10 sec, 20 sec, 30, 40 and over a minute. All it ever does is load the bouncing logo for about 10 seconds then it dies.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
shulk14

Jump to solution

Alright I found my issue. Prior to pressing the reset button I removed the batteries in the remote. Then after the hard reset and while the logo is bouncing I installed the batteries. The Roku then asked me to pair the remote. I was then sailing through setup.

0 Kudos
Rawbebaba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recommend just unplugging the device. They always blame your router, but mine did the same thing just unplugged it plugged it back in bam it worked just fine. The boxes are kinda junk 

0 Kudos
MauAmaya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Hello Danny, can you help me, I'm kinda new here and I don't know to send a PM here. My 3810X is stuck on the bouncing logo screen, is connected to the wall and I tried resetting it as you indicated before but doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MauAmaya

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MauAmaya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, @RokuDanny-R  thanks for answer me so quickly, here are the codes you asked for:
SN: F23818829574 //  ID:TC2-R1018
Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the message, @MauAmaya,

We're unable to locate the serial number of your Roku streaming stick+ (3810x). 

You may refer to this link on how to check the serial number/device of your Roku device: How do I find the serial number or device ID for my Roku® streaming player? | Official Roku Support 

Looking forward to your response so we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Fixed

Jump to solution

Same problem as others in these posts.  

I was able to fix by pressing the factory rest button on the roku stick itself.  Note I had to do it  4 or 5 times and even then the bouncing letters did not go away (and reset start) for about 5 minutes.  

Had to re-establish my account and re-enter passwords on all apps.  

I only use this to get AT&T TV on my Sony TV (app not on goole play).  Other than that, this stick is worthless.  

0 Kudos
BeatGenXer

Jump to solution

Same issue as everyone else. 3810x stick. Powered by wall socket. Reset at least 4x already. Now it goes from the bouncing letters to a full magenta screen with the bouncing letters noise in the background. Serial # 21512C019804

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BeatGenXer,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that your having the issue of a bouncing letter with your Roku streaming stick.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos