Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem every time I use my ROKU - we as stupid purchasers are ignored by this company. You will note there are nothing about how to contact someone ALIVE to answer problem. They have our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and due to their stupidity ignore our attempts to find someone to help with THIER PROBLEM.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Please write a scathing review on Amazon and give them one star. It's the only way they might pay attention because, as you point out, they already have our money. I am returning my streaming stick for a full refund. That helps, too. But they won't reimburse me for the wasted hours.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NoMinorChords @Sunnyb90duffer1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing? When is this issue occuring? Have you already tried to perform a factory reset as my previous post stated?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SqueakyBean
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the exact problem.  Tried the “pushing the reset button and holding for 40 seconds”.  Works like a charm now.

Re: bouncing logo and no signal

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

My Roku (approx. 9 months old) suddenly stopped working. I have tried everything. It will turn on with the bouncing logo then say no signal. How can I exchange this for a new working one/get a refund. Thank you

Will Barnard

[personal information removed]

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: bouncing logo and no signal

Jump to solution

@williambarnard1 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing. When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the restart button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rjallen11

Jump to solution

The bouncing logo is stuck on the screen, and a factory reset is not working. What should I do next?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rjallen11 wrote:

The bouncing logo is stuck on the screen, and a factory reset is not working. What should I do next?

The factory reset requires holding the button in for a minimum of 30 seconds. Not one second less, regardless of what's happening on screen. If that truly doesn't reset the Roku, then it's defective. Either a power surge fried something or just something as simple as a component failure. I had a brand new Insignia Roku TV that was stuck in the setup/update loop. I returned it to the store and the replacement has been functional for over 4 years without a hiccup. It's slow, as it's the small 720p set and doesn't have the power of my Roku 4K TV, but still works fine.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
buzzotis

Jump to solution

Holding the reset for 40 seconds worked for me too.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
rdc780
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. I had this problem with the bouncing logo, too. Drove me crazy for a couple of days. I tried installing Roku on different TVs, swapping power cords, etc. All the while, My Roku power cord was plugged into a USB port on my TV. When I plugged the Roku power cord directly into a wall outlet using the AC/USB adapter I got with my iPhone, I immediately got past the bouncing logo and was able to complete the installation of my Roku. I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos