Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbbeyLn40
Reel Rookie

Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Bought brand new Roku Streaming Stick + and it hooked to wireless but am now stuck on bouncing Roku letters after checking for update in initial set up. Help?  Tried to reset it, switched TVs, etc. but no luck moving past this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rdc780
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Hi. I had this problem with the bouncing logo, too. Drove me crazy for a couple of days. I tried installing Roku on different TVs, swapping power cords, etc. All the while, My Roku power cord was plugged into a USB port on my TV. When I plugged the Roku power cord directly into a wall outlet using the AC/USB adapter I got with my iPhone, I immediately got past the bouncing logo and was able to complete the installation of my Roku. I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try to perform a factory reset and start over.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AbbeyLn40 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to update your device and see if you can get the device set up. Then once the device is set up, trying to connect the device back to your wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We bought our Roku stick in 2018 and have recently been having the same issue. Have tried the soft restart which occasionally works (unplugging for 2 mins then plugging) but have been unsuccessful. We also tried the factory reset suggested in this thread (pressed the reset button for 10 seconds, saw the flashing light), but it remains stuck on the bouncy letters.

HELP PLEASE!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@agarciaearley 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I have a Roku Streaming + and it had been working for awhile but then it suddenly got stuck at the bouncing logo. We tried the factory reset and turning everything off and on, but that didn't work. We also tried plugging it into our computer since a few people suggested doing that in a different thread. The only problem is that the computer couldn't recognize that something had been plugged in. So I went into computer management and then went to disk management and tried to change the drive letter or path as online tutorials suggested, but the only option I could click on was "Help." I didn't get the "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." option. What do I do?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JumpingLogo 

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to your PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hol71mes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Danny, you suggest that solution every time, bit has it ever really worked for anyone? I tried it and it doesn’t work. Why does Roku actually address the issue and allow all of is with this problem the opportunity to exchange for a working Roku product?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

DIdn't work. From the looks of things it'sa Roku software problem. I will return it to Amazon and buy a competitor's product.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem. Looks common. Roku has no support except for some no-nothing subcontractor called JustAnswer. Utterly worthless. Will return, cancel my Roku membership and buy competitor's product unless they respond to my emails today.

0 Kudos