Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lcook
Level 7

Brand new Roku already setup and linked to an account

Jump to solution

Bought a Roku streaming stick+  while staying at a hotel. So I am activating and attempting to setup at a hotel. Plug it in, power it up, it didn’t dawn on me right away that I didnt get the usual screens or prompts. I got to set up wireless network (again at hotel). I connect successfully hit home key and slowly I begin realizing that I am already linked to an account that is not mine with billing info and card on file.!!!! I assume I need to do a factory reset whether the linking occurred before I purchased it or when I connected to the hotel network. However when I did it mentioned something about re-pairing the remote with Roku stick... should I be concerned? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Brand new Roku already setup and linked to an account

Jump to solution

It sounds like you got someone's return.  Pairing the remote shouldn't be a problem, but activating it on the hotel's Wi-Fi may be.  When you connected to their Wi-Fi did you have go through the hotel/dorm connect process?  If so, you'd have to use something like your phone's hotspot to get through the initial setup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Brand new Roku already setup and linked to an account

Jump to solution

It sounds like you got someone's return.  Pairing the remote shouldn't be a problem, but activating it on the hotel's Wi-Fi may be.  When you connected to their Wi-Fi did you have go through the hotel/dorm connect process?  If so, you'd have to use something like your phone's hotspot to get through the initial setup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos