Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bglaza324

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

Bought a roku streaming stick (from target) and did the setup. Everything is updated and it needs a factory reset every time we turn the tv on. It automatically goes to a bouncing Roku icon upon turning on. No idea what to do since I’ve tried everything mentioned.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Pittsie72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing this same issue but not sure how to direct message you. The Roku is powered through the wall outlet not the TV and still same result even after a factory reset

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pittsie72,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?
If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information including the serial number/device ID that would be helpful for our team to assist you further this problem.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Pittsie72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary, 

I've tried it on 3 tvs and always the same result even after attempting to factory reset with each TV and always the same result

0 Kudos
Acam89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Honestly I had to just get a brand new one. Nothing I did worked so you may want to try the factory reset and all that but it may not work. If it doesn’t I would contact whoever you bought it from to let them know it’s defective 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pittsie72,

Thanks for the quick response and additional info.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Pittsie72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

S0092053FPV0

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pittsie72

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kaikea90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to my Roku Express. Only had it for a month and it’s been stuck at the Roku bouncing logo for hours. I’ve tried resetting it for 30 sec. I’ve unplugged the TV, Roku, and all the cables. Shut off the WiFi and turned it back on, and tried to switch different HDMI cables. Still stuck. Help please. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Kaikea90

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos