Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

@Ap478 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if you are still experiencing the issue? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish setting up your device. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KasiaM22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi I have exactly the same issue. The main screen is stuck and Roku logo is bouncing, White light us flashing. I tried suggested solutions (resetting and checking cables) but nothing works. How can I get this fixed? @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KasiaM22 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KasiaM22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I was holding it for 30s. The screen turned black for a short while and went back to purple screen with jumping logo. What should I do now? 

0 Kudos
Tpope

Jump to solution

I am having the same bouncing logo problem. The model number is 3030x. Serial number S01329CLSDU9

0 Kudos
Tpope

Jump to solution

sorry..3930x

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KasiaM22 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnDory
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi all. Has anyone had any luck getting this problem solved? I am having the same problem with a brand new Roku express so any help to resolve this would be great.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JohnDory 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if you are still experiencing the issue? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish setting up your device. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing and I haven’t even been able to set up the Roku account to it. What do I do? This is all that it does hasn’t ever been passed that 

0 Kudos