Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eman2690

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

Bought a roku express this morning let it sit on bouncing screen for hours bought new batteries did multiple factory resets and still bouncing screen, went back swapped out for a new one and still same problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. Here are a few things that may help clear up this issue: 

- We recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. Make sure you are holding the reset button down for 30 seconds regardless what is happening on your TV screen. For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, please visit our support page: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

- Make sure to be also using the provided wall power adapter for your Roku device and not the USB port on your TV.

- We would also recommend trying a different micro-USB cable and wall power adapter, such as one from a mobile phone/device, to see if this helps. 

If you are still not able to get your device setup and working properly, send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
BB4

Jump to solution

Danny,

Please explain how to PM you.

Thanks

dkthomas

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up a brand new Roku SE device. It connects to the internet, updates and then hangs on bouncing ROKU letters. I have tried connecting to a different tv with the same outcome. I have competed a factory reset with no luck. Please help.

0 Kudos
HannahR
Reel Rookie

Re: Bought brand new Roku express, stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Mine isn't stuck on the bouncing logo. It goes one step beyond that and is stuck on "choose language."  I know the remote is working because it comes on when I hit the home button. I've tried it on two different TVs.  I've tried it using the USB and plugging the power cord into the wall outlet.  I've hit the reset button on the back. Someone suggested my TV might be too old, but in that case would I be able to get this far in the process?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HannahR 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When using the remote, is the remote in direct line of sight of the device and making sure that the device isn't behind an object or tucked away in a cabinet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HannahR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I held the remote about an inch from the front of the ROKU device.  Didn't matte.  It clearly is connecting because when I hit the home button the bouncing ROKU comes on and then it goes to the select a language screen.  And stops.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HannahR 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wayneguevarra15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. At first it works totally fine then suddenly the logo just went up for hours. I tried everything including resetting and trying it on other tvs but it still the same please help me. 

0 Kudos
catinthefirehat
Reel Rookie

My Roku 3 is stuck on bouncing Roku logo

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have had a Roku 3 for a couple of years.  I have had just a few issues (mainly remote), but now it is stuck on the bouncing Roku.  I have tried to reset it several times (and yes I have held it long enough - Roku says 10 seconds, but community responses say 30 seconds so I have done both).  I have unplugged the unit for at least 10 seconds and plugged it back in.  To no avail.  The remote doesn't work and I cannot access anything.

Please advise on how I fix this issue and start using my Roku again.  Or should I become an Apple TV only customer?!!

Catherine