Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought brand new Roku express, stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I bought brand new Roku express, because our smart Philips TV will no longer support built in Netflix. Plugged the Roku express into the HDMI port. It goes to the set up menu, and we follow the prompts. It connects to the wifi. But then just goes to a bouncing logo. Other articles on here suggest removing the SD card. But there is no SD card. The remote is working fine. But it's been stuck in the bouncing logo for hours. If I knew this is all it would do, I wouldn't have bought it. I have a Roku TV and it works much better than the Philips TV we are trying to connect the Roku express box to. The light on the box either flashes white, or it is just off. I don't know what series it is, but on Amazon it is stated as: Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player 2019. I have tried the rest button. Did factory reset and nothing different. I don't know what else to say. I'm exceedingly frustrated.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. Here are a few things that may help clear up this issue: 

- We recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. Make sure you are holding the reset button down for 30 seconds regardless what is happening on your TV screen. For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, please visit our support page: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

- Make sure to be also using the provided wall power adapter for your Roku device and not the USB port on your TV.

- We would also recommend trying a different micro-USB cable and wall power adapter, such as one from a mobile phone/device, to see if this helps. 

If you are still not able to get your device setup and working properly, send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bought brand new Roku express, stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, please visit our support page: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Make sure to be using the provided power adapter for your Roku device and not the USB port on your TV. For more information about powering your Roku device visit our Support page: What should I do if my Roku® streaming player will not power on?

If you are still not able to get your device to work properly, send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Swingles

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue. We thought our brand new Roku Express from our local Wal Mart. Brought it home, got everything all set up and started setting up the Roku and it acted like it was gonna connect to the wifi, but now is stuck on the bouncing 'Roku' letters.
0 Kudos
dlh25tx

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Bought brand new Roku Express from our local Best Buy. Brought it home, got everything all set up and started setting up the Roku, followed all directions correctly, connected to the wifi, downloaded all new updates, but now is stuck on the bouncing 'Roku' letters. Will not do anything.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dlh25tx

Jump to solution

Tried it on Both TVs

0 Kudos
remynisce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perform a hard reset, if you are still getting the same problem, have it replaced.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Literally having the exact same issue with my Roku Express...do any of these versions even work? It looks like everyone is having this problem. I called Tech Support and they told me that if I wanted to do a reset from the office, they would charge me - what?! It's brand new and shouldn't be having this issue. I've tried EVERYTHING.

1. Turned the TV off and unplugged everything
2. Factory reset
3. Changed from HMDI 1 to 2. Same problem.
4. Reset my internet (everything else connected to it is working fine)
5. Changed the channel on my router

Anyone having any luck?

Barru_k

Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku Express yesterday, connected it following the quick start guide, it connected to the Wifi ok, and started doing the software update, then went to the purple bouncing Roku screen and hasn't changed since! I've tried doing a reset using the pin button on the back of the device and it goes off then same screen comes back on again! The remote is not doing anything when I press the buttons and batteries are brand new, so it should be working ok? NB. I've not set up a Roku account yet nor activated the device yet as its not given me a link code to do this online. What can I do? Help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the information. 

It seems like you contacted a third party entity and not Roku Support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

In regards to your Express, make sure to be using the provided power adapter for your Roku device and not the USB port on your TV. For more information about powering your Roku device visit our Support page: What should I do if my Roku® streaming player will not power on?

If you are still not able to get your device to work properly, send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Jump to solution

@Barru_k 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos