Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharayahS

Black screen & can’t finish set up

I purchased the roku premier for my daughters room. We plugged it in, selected English, connected it to the internet, and let it to the updates & restart. Once it finished the updates, it restarted, got to the point where the word Roku bounces around for a few seconds, then the screen goes black. I can do NOTHING from there. No activating it, no nothing! It’s just a black screen. And I can’t get ahold of anyone to help me figure it out. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
OutOfAmmo

Re: Black screen & can’t finish set up

I am having the same problem with my Router Streambar. Will update here if I have any luck getting past it.

0 Kudos
OutOfAmmo

I have found several references to similar issues in other posts but no solution. Occasionally a Roku employee will invite the customer to direct message them for further support but never a post with an actual explanation of the cause or fix. While searching posts, my Streambar restarted itself, displayed the bouncing logo, and then went black again. Apparently something is happening somewhere in there, but no indication of what.

0 Kudos
OutOfAmmo

I left the Roku alone while searching for solutions. During that, it restarted a couple of times, went through the logo screen, then went black. Finally it restarted and got to a screen that said the update failed and gave me the option to retry or reset my network connection. I chose the retry option and it now seems to finally be ready to continue setup. It may be that you just have to ignore it and let it go through its cycles until it finally finishes software updates.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SharayahS, do you have another TV you can try it on?  You might want to try a factory reset by locating the reset button and using something like a paperclip to press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected and while ignoring anything that may appear onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos